ALLIANCE GERTZ RESSLER HIGH SCHOOL
ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT POLICIES
2019 - 2020
ELIGIBLE TO TRYOUT - In order to tryout for any athletic team at Alliance Gertz Ressler High School, you must have a properly completed physical turned into the Athletic Director. The properly completed physical requirements are described here:
- ALL student athletes are required to have a physical completed PRIOR TO participating in tryouts.
- Summer is a great opportunity to get your physical complete and it is valid for 12 months, so if you want to play more than one sport within 12 months from the date of your physical, you are able to play those sports.
- A Physical Form is available in the front office or attached below.
- Students/Parents fill out the front side and sign at the bottom
- Your Physician fills out the back side and signs and STAMPS at the bottom
ELIGIBLE TO JOIN THE TEAM - In order to be a member of any athletic team at Alliance Gertz Ressler High School, you must be in proper academic standing. The academic requirements are described here:
- ALL student athletes are required to have an average GPA of 2.35 on the 10-week grade report and end of semester grades
- For the 10-week grade reports, students will have approximately 3 weeks following the date of the reports to bring their grades up to an average GPA of 2.35 for that semester. Students MUST speak to the Athletic Director when they feel their grades have been raised for the Athletic Director to confirm he/she is eligible. Deadline for improving grades is end of the school day on the following days:
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Monday, April 13, 2020
- Average GPA is calculated as follows
- A is worth 4
- B is worth 3
- C is worth 2
- D is worth 1
- NP is worth 0
- Advisory grades are worth half as much as other classes (2.5 credits vs. 5.0 credits)
ELIGIBLE TO PLAY IN GAMES - In order to be eligible to participate in athletic contests, student cannot have an unexcused absence or tardy on the day of the game. Doctor's appointments with a doctor's note will excuse the absence/tardy.
TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM GAMES - For any athletic competitions away from campus, any student associated with the team is required to ride the school provided transportation TO and FROM the competition. Questions regarding transportation: Contact Roman Guerra, AP, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check back regularly for UPDATES