GERTZ-RESSLER ATHLETIC POLICY
2018 - 2019
ALL INTERESTED STUDENTS - If you are interested in participating in any sports at Gertz Ressler High School during the rest of this school year, you must fill out the survey at the following link by 3:30 pm on Monday, October 15, 2018.
- ALL student athletes are required to have a physical completed PRIOR TO participating in tryouts.
- Summer is a great opportunity to get your physical complete and it is valid for the entire school year, no matter what sports you want to play.
- A Physical Form is available in the front office or attached below.
- Students/Parents fill out the front side and sign at the bottom
- Your Physician fills out the back side and signs and STAMPS at the bottom
- ALL student athletes are required to have an average GPA of 2.35 on the 10-week grade report and end of semester grades
- For the 10-week grade reports, students will have approximately 2.0-2.5 weeks following the date of the reports (10/15/18 and 3/18/19) to bring their grades up to an average GPA of 2.35 for that semester. Students MUST speak to the Athletic Director when they feel their grades have been raised for the Athletic Director to confirm he/she is eligible. Deadline for improving grades is end of the school day on the following days:
- Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Wednesday, April 3, 2018
- Average GPA is calculated as follows
- A is worth 4
- B is worth 3
- C is worth 2
- D is worth 1
- NP is worth 0
- Advisory grades are worth half as much as other classes (2.5 credits vs. 5.0 credits)
Check back regularly for UPDATES
Questions: Email Nathan Roller, AD at firstname.lastname@example.org